Don’t Trust Your Nonprofit to a Novice
Would you trust your newborn to a nanny who had never cared for an infant? Would you trust your nest egg to a financial planner who had never created a financial plan? Would you want to be patient zero for a newly-minted cardiac surgeon?
Then why do so many nonprofits attempt a campaign for the first time without seasoned, proven guidance? I have no idea.
Decades of Experience
At Hartsook, we have been doing this – successfully, I might add – for over 30 years. We began as a small firm of a few professionals and have grown to over 60 consultants and professional staff with a wide array of experience and expertise.
Cross Section of Sectors
Because Hartsook has worked with 6,000 nonprofits that have built approximately 40,000 facilities and raised over $231 billion, we understand the unique challenges nonprofits of every size and sector face. Every nonprofit is different. So is yours. We know how to tailor strategies to each and every sector and organization.
Our firm doesn’t just talk about saving the world, we are helping to do it. Just ask any of the 160 million people who have benefited from raising money the Hartsook way. Not long ago, a client asked me for advice in approaching a foundation to support his nonprofit hospital. Because I knew exactly what a foundation of this type would be interested in hearing, I was able to give him specific, rather than generic, counsel. He used my approach and walked away with a $2 million challenge gift. Not only that, but he used the same approach with his alma mater and was able to leverage those insights into a $500,000 gift. These stories are not unusual. We have built our business on ensuring our clients succeed. The right strategies and advice, applied appropriately, result in greater giving.
Maybe it is time to call in the experts. But just remember, when a fundraising firm offers to help you raise money “for less,” just be advised that the “less” could mean: “… raising less money.”
Next stops on the road to achieving Hartsook’s mission of growing philanthropy by 25 percent in the next 20 years:
May 23-25, 2018
Boy Scouts of America Annual Meeting
June 6-7, 2018
LeadingAge Virginia Annual Conference
June 18-19, 2018
NHH – Norwegian School of Economics
June 21-22, 2018
National Taiwan University
June 25-26, 2018
BX2018, Australian Government
Keynote: John List
July 18-19, 2018
2018 Virginia Fund Raising Institute Conference
Lead Sponsor: Hartsook
August 13-24, 2018
August 29-31, 2018
Boy Scouts of America Top Hands
September 19-20, 2018
Science of Philanthropy Institute Conference 2018
October 5-6, 2018
Advances with Field Experiments
October 16-18, 2018
University of Basel
8th Bernoulli Lecture for the Behavioral Sciences
Resources for Smart Fundraising Available on Kindle
Keep up to date on the latest fundraising trends with the Kindle ASR Media collection:
- Reality Fundraising – Ideas, insights and lessons learned through hundreds of best practices from nonprofit professionals nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- Fundraising Leadership – The definitive source for empowering board members to become pro-active fundraising leaders by Karin L. Cox
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row – A tool box of strategies for effective campaign fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Million Dollar Gifts – Real-life stories of million-dollar gifts that will amaze and inspire your fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Closing that Gift – “29 secrets” to closing a gift and avoiding the top 10 solicitation mistakes by Bob Hartsook
- Performance-Driven Fundraising – Handy, yet entertaining reference tool for new and seasoned fundraisers by Matthew J. Beem
- Nobody Wants to Give Money Away! – Stories, humor and more than two decades of fundraising experience in which Bob explores the nine fundraising truths essential to success by Bob Hartsook
- On The Money! – An enlightening collection of success stories and lessons learned from nonprofit fundraising campaigns nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- $231 Billion Raised and Counting – by Bob Hartsook, Matthew J. Beem, Karin Cox and over a dozen Hartsook consultants and clients. Hartsook shares stories and “Strategies for Success” that will educate and inspire
Book Deal of the Month
On the Money! (ASR Media) is an enlightening collection of success stories and lessons learned from 25 nonprofit fundraising campaigns nationwide. Click here to order On the Money! for a special price of $10 (plus shipping and handling).
On the Web
|Timely Tips and Tweets! Follow us on Twitter at HartsookTips for tips and giveaways.|
|Facebook: Become a Fan and a Friend. Fundraising tips, event photos, news and updates – see what’s new at Hartsook by becoming a fan of us on Facebook. Friend Hartsook Founder and Chair Bob Hartsook, CEO Matthew J. Beem, and Chief Creative Officer Karin Cox for even more updates!|
Visit the Hartsook website for:
– Educational opportunities
– Books/reference articles
– Conference/workshop speakers
Strategies for Success explores smart ideas, connecting with thousands of fundraising professionals. We welcome your best practices contributions or comments. Send to Strategies for Success editor Karin Cox, [email protected]. If you’d like a free subscription to Strategies for Success or its monthly companion, eHartsook on Philanthropy, contact [email protected].